I am Spanish so I use garlic in everything. Anything savory there will be garlic. Not just one clove. No way. Three is my minimum and more depending on the dish. Garlic is delicious and has great health benefits. So the more garlic the merrier !
List of Garlic Benefits
- Boosts Immune System: A study revealed that people who took 2.56 grams of garlic per day (or related supplements) got sick fewer times and the length and severity of their the cold or flu was lessened.
- Reduces Blood Pressure: High doses can help lower blood pressure even better than conventional prescribed drugs. This is comparable to consuming four cloves per day if you prefer to eat them. Consult with doctor before stopping any medicine.
- Lowers Bad Cholesterol: If you’re about 10 or 15% too high on your cholesterol test, taking garlic daily can significantly help.
- Improves Brain Function: Garlic contains a lot of antioxidants. An increased amount of antioxidants in your diet can boost brain health. This can help prevent diseases such as Alzheimer’s and dementia.
- Fights Fungal Infections: Fungal infections such as athletes foot, jock itch, ring worm, and candida can be cured by garlic oil. Just apply the oil to infected area. For oral thrush, make it thicker like a paste. Eat more raw garlic regularly to prevent its return. Try eating tzatziki or adding fresh garlic to your salads!
- Alleviates Allergies: Garlic is an antiviral and anti inflammatory. Helping to open up your airways. Lowering any inflammation helps when you’re congested.
- Treats Toothaches: Apply garlic oil on affected area to get the antibacterial and analgesic capabilities. You can also rub a piece of broken garlic on your gums and tooth for temporary relief.
- Helps with Digestion: Garlic stimulates your stomach membrane to create more gastric juices in turn digesting everything faster.
Now you can use your garlic oil for a number of things. For ear infection, lay on your side with affected ear facing up drop 2-3 drops into the ear and place cotton ball to keep the oil in place. For fungal infections, warts, and corns apply garlic oil on nails and skin. For acne, apply oil to soothe inflamed skin. For hair loss, gently massage warm oil into your scalp, leave overnight, and rinse in the morning. For toothache, soak a cotton ball in garlic oil and place it on affected area.
Garlic is nature’s medicine. It is also super delicious. So if you have no ailments then use that oil in cooking and on salads! You will have cloves of garlic on deck ready to throw into any dish!